Two More Suspects Indicted In Home Invasion; One Suspect Still At Large

Two more suspects allegedly involved in the July 1 home invasion of a 188 Falconer St. residence are now behind bars with 22-count indictments over their heads.

On Monday, Levelle D. Jones, 26, and Jacon A. Hicks, 26, both of Buffalo, were indicted and arraigned on four counts of first-degree burglary, six counts of first-degree robbery, three counts of first-degree aggravated sexual abuse, a first-degree criminal sexual act charge, two counts of first-degree criminal use of a firearm, two counts of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and four counts of second-degree assault.

Both were committed to the Chautauqua County Jail on $1 million cash or $2 million property bond.

Hicks was one of two suspects found walking on the railroad tracks west of Jamestown shortly after the July 1 incident, police said. He was immediately detained as a person-of-interest.

Jones was detained by New York State Parole in Buffalo a few days later.

Earlier this month, Jaqwan Martin, 23, and Maqwan Martin, 23, twin brothers from Buffalo, were handed the same 22-count indictment for their alleged involvement in the home invasion. In similar fashion, they were committed to the county jail on $1 million cash or $2 million property bond.

The Martins were found hiding inside the Falconer Street residence the day of the break-in.

According to Captain Robert F. Samuelson, division commander of the Jamestown Police Department, an additional two suspects are in custody on parole violations. Investigation into their involvement is continuing and charges are expected, he said.

One suspect is still believed to be at large in the Buffalo area.

“We are working with the authorities in Erie County in attempting to locate him,” Samuelson said.

The July 1 home invasion that culminated in a gunfire exchange with a Jamestown Police officer was reportedly drug-related and included an assault of four individuals inside the residence.

Jamestown Police responded to the scene shortly after 3 a.m. and observed three suspects attempting to escape out of a window. The last one to leave fired a shot at an officer before fleeing with the other two in a southern direction behind the houses on Stowe Street.

The police officer, who was uninjured, returned fire. It is unclear whether any of the suspects were injured.

Details on the extent of the victims’ injuries were not released.

Anyone who may have information on this investigation should contact JPD at 483-7531 or they can leave an anonymous tip at 483-8477. All calls will be kept confidential.