Saturday Night Fire Ruled Accidental

FALCONER- There were no injuries at a fire on South Work Street on Saturday. At 10:20 p.m., Falconer Fire Department responded to a house fire at 174 S. Work St. in Falconer. The first floor of the apartment was vacant and the second floor tenant was able to escape without any injuries. An investigation determined that excess lint ignited in the dryer’s vent pipe, which was being used in the second floor apartment. The fire has been ruled accidental and the resident is being assisted by the Red Cross. The Falconer Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office and Gerry, Jamestown, Kennedy and Kiantone fire departments.

P-J photo by Ryan Papaserge