Overheated Propane Heater Sparks Celoron Fire

CELORON-A Celoron woman was sent to WCA Hospital on Friday evening after a heat-induced home fire.

According to Tim Nelson, Celoron Fire Department chief, Celoron and Lakewood fire and emergency officials dispatched to the residence at 65 Butler Ave. at approximately 6 p.m., where they quickly located a fire isolated to the garage and bathroom area.

The woman-whose name was not released-was allegedly thawing her bathroom pipes with a propane heater when it subsequently overheated and caught fire, Nelson said.

She was transported to WCA Hospital for minor smoke inhalation and elevated blood pressure.