Area Police Reports


John C. Tufino, 21, of Jamestown was charged Thursday with criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation and obstructing governmental administration. At approximately 2:25 a.m., police responded to 16 W. 15th St. for an alleged domestic incident involving Tufino and a 19-year-old victim. Further investigation determined that Tufino allegedly punched, kneed and choked the female victim during the incident. He also obstructed the official duties of the officers while being transported to the Jamestown City Jail, police said. Tufino is currently pending arraignment.


Jacklyn M. Long, 25, of Jamestown was charged on Jan. 15 with petit larceny. Long allegedly took merchandise from Wal-Mart and left the property without paying for it. She reported ran from employees and the police the night of the incident. She was later found and charged.

Todd M. Boardman, 26, of Ashville was charged in December for four counts of petit larceny. While employed at Wal-Mart, Boardman allegedly took merchandise from the store and left the property without paying for it. A warrant was applied for and Boardman was charged. He was sent to Chautauqua County Jail on $5,000 bail.


EAST OTTO-Christopher M. Jaehn, 47, of East Concord was charged Saturday with drinking while intoxicated, possession of an open alcohol container, failure to keep right and moving from lane unsafely. At approximately 4:46 p.m., Jaehn was charged after crashing his 2008 Ford Econoline van into a ditch and overturning it on East Otto-Springville Road. Jaehn was transported to Bertrand Chaffee Hospital for head injuries. Jeffrey Bieler, 46, of Springville was flighted to Erie County Medical Center for head and back injuries. Jaehn was released with traffic tickets and is due back in East Otto Court at a later date.


DUNKIRK-Stella M. Karin, 42, was charged Thursday with DWI and speed not reasonable and prudent. At approximately 8:45 a.m., troopers were called to a complaint of a one-car property damage accident on West Lake Road. Upon arrival, it was determined that the operator – Karin – was intoxicated, police said. Karin was released on her own recognizance and is to return to Dunkirk Court.