Falconer Firefighters Respond To Gas Leak

FALCONER – Fire officials responded to a burned-out furnace and ensuing gas leak Friday at the Falconer Mobile Home Park.

At approximately 10:40 a.m., the Falconer Fire Department, with assistance from the Gerry and Kennedy Fire Departments, was dispatched to a mobile home at 304 Elmwood Ave., for a reported structure fire.

Upon investigation, it was determined that a furnace toward the rear of the home had reportedly burned out. The home was also filled with airborne gas.

An investigation is ongoing to determine the cause of the incident and resulting gas leak.

No injuries or external damage were reported.