City Firefighters Extinguish Chimney Blaze
The Jamestown Fire Department managed to extinguish a chimney fire at 221 Curtis St. in Jamestown on Friday evening.
According to Don Woodfield, Jamestown Fire Department battalion chief, after being dispatched it was determined that the fire was actually located in the wood structure around the chimney, which changed the situation to a structure fire.
“So, we called in some offduty people, and these guys got a good, quick knockdown on it,” Woodfield said. “We had heavy smoke in the building, and the fire started to get out of the mantle area into the walls. But, the guys got in there and put it out.”
No injuries were reported. Ten personnel, two fire engines and a ladder responded. The Jamestown Police Department was also on scene.