Bad Electrical Connections Lead To Attic Fire In City Sunday

No injuries were reported Sunday after a fire broke out at a Jamestown residence.

At approximately 10:17 a.m., Jamestown Fire Department responded to a reported attic fire at 508 W. Eighth St. Upon arrival, fire officials found both residents of the house outside and uninjured.

According to the Jamestown Fire Department, resistive heating and bad electrical connections in the attic had started the fire. Damage was relegated to the attic and second-floor ceiling. No exterior damage was apparent.