SUNY Fredonia Hands Out Administrative Service Awards
FREDONIA – Five longtime SUNY Fredonia employees whose collective service spans more than 110 years will be further linked together as recipients of Outstanding Administrative Service Awards for 2013. These awards, now in their 11th year, recognize exemplary service by employees in the five major departments of the Finance and Administration division.
“The strength of SUNY Fredonia and the Finance and Administration division continues to be hard-working, dedicated employees that perform a wide range of services throughout the campus,” said Steve Schillo, vice president for finance and administration.
Each year, Finance and Administration recognizes individuals from within the division who have demonstrated a solid team effort in their everyday actions, an outstanding Fredonia service attitude, creativity and resourcefulness in improving services and a positive attitude in working with students, faculty and staff.
All five employees were honored at a luncheon held Sept. 26 at the Alumni House and attended by their supervisors and colleagues.
Individual award recipients and their respective department include:
- Lisa Marrano, professional staff, associate director of student accounts. A resident of Fredonia, Marrano began her career at SUNY Fredonia as a calculations clerk 1 in 1983.
- Jorge Rosa, custodial services, cleaner. A resident of Dunkirk, Rosa has served at SUNY Fredonia in the Custodial Department since 1989.
- James Kuras, professional trades, general mechanic. A resident of Dunkirk, Kuras began working at SUNY Fredonia in the Maintenance Department in 1996.
- Lori Johnson, secretarial/clerical, secretary 1 in Facilities Planning. A resident of Sinclairville, Johnson was hired at SUNY Fredonia as a keyboard specialist 1 in 2005.
- Millie Stanton, FSA operational, assistant service worker. Stanton began working for FSA in 1981.