Sherman Man Sentenced To Probation For Assault

MAYVILLE – A Sherman man has been handed a five-year probation sentence for second-degree assault.

Kyle C. Langer, 24, of 166 W. Main St., Sherman, was sentenced Monday in Chautauqua County Court in front of Judge John T. Ward, District Attorney David W. Foley announced.

Langer allegedly fractured a man’s skull and broke a bone in the man’s neck during an argument after striking him with a glass jar. The man was taken to Westfield Memorial Hospital and then to the Hamot Medical Center in Erie, where a plate was put in his head to treat the fractured skull.

Mark R. Dzieiski, 28, of Ellicott Road, Brocton, was sentenced to two years in state prison with two years post-release supervision for third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance concurrent with 10 months in jail for seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.

Dzieiski was already incarcerated on a different charge in Chautauqua County Jail when an arrest warrant was obtained by the Southern Tier Regional Drug Task Force for the alleged selling of opiate-based pharmaceuticals in Brocton.

Shell S. Raymon, 45, of Jamestown, was sentenced to one year in jail for aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child, consecutive to six months in jail for second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation.

Raymon was allegedly observed on Sept. 30, 2012, failing to stop at a stop sign and failing to signal a turn while turning onto Chandler Street in Jamestown. Raymon was allegedly intoxicated, and an 8-year-old and 11-year-old were in the vehicle at the time of the incident, making the charges fall under Leandra’s Law. Raymon did not have a valid driver’s license, police said.

Fred Santiago, 25, of Lake Shore Drive West, Dunkirk, was sentenced to six months in jail and five years probation for third-degree burglary.

Police recovered cash and jewelry from a June 30 burglary after searching Santiago’s apartment and car following an arrest warrant from an incident of second-degree menacing. Police also located and seized a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun, which had been defaced for the purpose of preventing identification by filing off the serial number. A follow-up investigation and search of a wooded area with assistance from the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office K-9 Unit also led to the recovery of a safe that had been taken in the burglary.

John E. Ley, 47, of Dunkirk, was sentenced to 45 days in jail, a $2,000 fine and a year conditional discharge ignition interlock device for a misdemeanor driving while intoxicated.

New York State Police stopped Ley for having inadequate plate lamps, going over the fog line and his passenger throwing a cigarette out of the window. Allegedly Ley had a blood alcohol content of .14 percent and had a previous conviction in the last 10 years.

Other pleas and sentences include:

Jonathan B. Yates, 27, of Jamestown was sentenced to three-and-a-half years in state prison with two years post-release supervision for second-degree assault and time served for seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.

Jermaine L. Fann, 28, of 61 California St., Buffalo, was sentenced to two-to-four years in state prison for second-degree attempted assault.

Felicia Cardone-Teftt, 25, of Jamestown, was sentenced to five years probation, a $1,000 fine and 60 months ignition interlock device for felony driving while intoxicated.