Hetrick, Powers Keep Trojans Undefeated In Cross Country
OLEAN – Ryan Hetrick and teammate Jordan Powers put together a 1-2 finish for undefeated Southwestern in a Chautauqua-Cattaraugus Athletic Association cross country meet on Tuesday afternoon.
Hetrick ran a 17:45 over the 3.1 mile layout over the hilly at Bartlett Country Club while Powers was just off at that pace at 17:49 as Southwestern compiled 24 points, Olean 32 points and Randolph 74 points.
In the girls, Olean won with 15 points while Southwestern and Randolph were incomplete.
Alexa Minard of Olean was first with a 23;02 followed by Alexis Sova of Olean at 23:31 and Hallie Lienhart of Randolph 23:23.
Emily Nelson had the best finish for Southwestern, placing seventh with a 25:12.
1. Ryan Hetrick (Southwestern), 17:45; 2. Jordan Powers (Southwestern), 3. Jake Cihak (O), 4. Tristen Snyder (O), 5. Ethan Kelley (O), 6. Jacob Hinsdale (Southwestern), 7. Giusseppie Hoose (Southwestern), 8. Mark Mitcheller (Southwestern), 9. Talis Lockenberg (O), 10. Ashton Walters (R).
1. Alexa Minard (O), 23:02; 2. Alexis Sova (O), 3, Hallie Lienhart (R), 4. Ericka Carnahan (R), 5. Maddy Hamad (O), 6. Mikayla Brooks (R), 7. Emily Nelson, 8. Andrea O’Boyle (Southwestern), 9. Sebby Turner (Southwestern), 10. Jessica Schrader (Southwestern).
FREDONIA – Corey Wefing remained undefeated as he toured the 3.1-mile course at Fredonia in 17:29 but it wasn’t enough to prevent a Maple Grove loss (5-2) to Fredonia with 29 points compared to Fredonia with 27 points.
Josh Goodhue of Fredonia was second with 18:07 and his teammate Mike Meredith third with a 18:07.8.
Hope Pietrocarlo of Maple Grove was again the winner in the girls race with 20:11.2 as the Lady Red Dragons (7-0) almost had perfect score with 16 points while Fredonia had 39 points.
Caroline Benson was second with a 21:07 followed by teammates Grace Auer and Taylor Norris . Mikayla Tramuta of Fredonia was fifth.
1. Corey Wefing (MG), 17;29; 2. Josh Goodhue (F), 3. Mike Meredith (F), 4. Frank Zuroski (MG), 5. Steve Formanowicz (F), 6. Ryan Meredith (F), 7. Ben Soffel 8. Jason Thompson (MG), 9. Mitchell Marsh (MG), 10. Colin Colburn (MG).
1. Hope Pietrocarlo (MG), 20:11; 2 – Caroline Benson (MG), 3. Grace Auer (MG), 4. Taylor Norris (MG), 5. – Mikayla Tramuta (F), 6 – Christin Kelemen (MG), 7. Gwen Stokes (F), 8. Margaret Pulvino (F), 9. Maitland Langworthy (F), 10. Haley Supicki (F).
Clymer-Sherman-Panama and Silver Creek battled to split decisions, both determined by the tie-breaking sixth runner in action at Jamestown.
For the boys, after tying with 42 points, Silver Creek’s pack running barely nipped out CSP on the tiebreaker. Jamestown had 61 and Franklinville 80.
Josh O’Dell of CSP was the leader on the 3.1-mile course with a time of 16:57.6.
The CSP girls edged out Silver Creek by placing four girls in the top 10 after they had tied with 34 points. Jamestown had 56 and Franklinville was incomplete.
Holly Eliason of CSP was the leader with a time of 20:11.4.
1. Josh O’Dell (CSP) 16:57.6, 2. Dan O’Dell (CSP), 3. Christian Edborg (J), . Matthew Bacher (F), 5. Jordan Boland (CSP), 6. Ryan Ruia (SC), 7. Caleb Makuch (SC), 8. Jake Mullen (SC), 9. Tyler Steklasa (SC), 10, Forest Swaciak (F).
1. Holly Eliason (CSP) 20:11.4, 2. Emma Seiders (SC), 3. Hannah Seiders (SC), 4. Katie Pacy (CSP), 5. Rachel Radack (SC), 6) Rachel Johnson (J), 7. Sarah Adams (SC), 8. Grace Dennis (CSP), 9) Jurnee Hannold (CSP), 10. Elizabeth Mazzone (J).