No Jurors Selected Through Two Days

MAYVILLE – At the end of the second day of jury selection in the second-degree murder trial for Anthony R. Taglianetti II, no jurors have been selected.

According to Public Defender Ned Barone, the second day of jury selection mirrored the first.

“It was pretty much a duplicate of (Thursday),” Barone said. “It pretty much went as expected. We still have no jurors seated at this time.”

Although he had indicated earlier in the week a change of venue may be a possibility in the case, Barone said it has not yet been discussed.

“We’re just continuing on at this point,” he said. “We’re just in the same mode. Interviewing (jurors), that’s it.”

Jury selection will continue Monday. Ward told the court he expected jury selection to last “a couple weeks.” Additionally, Ward said testimony is expected to begin the first week of October, continue throughout the month, and potentially spill into November.

Taglianetti, a former Dale City, Va., resident, is charged with driving to New York and shooting Keith Reed Jr., Clymer Central School superintendent, over an alleged affair between Reed and Taglianetti’s wife.

Police named Taglianetti a suspect in the Sept. 21, 2012, homicide of Reed. He was taken into custody days later in Virginia, and in December was extradited to Chautauqua County. On Dec. 19, 2012, Taglianetti pleaded innocent to a second-degree murder charge. Taglianetti appeared in court in July for pre-trial hearings on evidence and identification.