Lawson Boating Center To Open For Season
BEMUS POINT – The Lawson Boating Heritage Center on Chautauqua Lake will open for the 2013 season on Saturday.
Regular museum hours will be 1-5 p.m. on Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and holidays and 1-5 p.m. on Sundays. Admission is $5.
The Lawson Center was founded in 2010 and opened to the public in 2012, paying tribute to David and Margaret Lawson, and their two children, Jean and David Jr. The Lawson family opened The Lawson Boat & Engine Company at the 73 Lakeside Drive location in 1918.
The museum focuses on all types of fishing, boating and sporting activities of Chautauqua Lake. Many of the new exhibits for this year are related to the excellent fishing the lake has had for decades. The historic photograph display has been expanded and there are new additions to the children’s area.
For more information on the Lawson Center, visit www.thelawsoncenter.org or call 386-3355.